Perfectly Moist Lactation Cookie Recipe
I tried various lactation cookie recipes and finally found a mixture of a few recipes that have created the most amazing and moist lactation cookies. This is a very simple and easy recipe that takes approximately 25 minutes to make. I have definitely seen an increase in milk supply after eating these cookies.
· 2 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· ¼ cup brewers yeast (can substitute nutritional yeast)
· 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
· ½ cup water
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 2 teaspoon vanilla
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 cup unsalted butter
· 1 cup brown sugar
· 1 cup white sugar
· 3 egg yolks
· 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips
· ½ cup chopped pecans
· ½ cup chopped almonds
· ½ cup unsweetened flaked coconut (optional)
1. Preheat the oven the 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl combine the water and flaxseed meal and let it rest for 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together (the oats, flour, yeast, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips, nuts).
4. In another bowl beat the butter and both brown and white sugar together with an electric mixer.
5. Add the remaining wet ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture (vanilla, egg yolk, flaxseed and water) and beat together.
6. Slowly add 1 cup at a time of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until the entire amount has been combined.
7. Create small balls and place them on the baking sheet 2 inches apart. Press them down before they go into the oven.
8. Bake for 10 minutes or less, just till the bottoms are golden.
9. Enjoy with a nice cup of Mother’s milk tea.